Family Child Care Providers
Background Check Requirements for Caregivers
Operators of licensed child care facilities, as well as certain personnel, must submit to a background check and criminal clearance before working at a child care site. Learn the steps for completing this requirement.
This video provides helpful answers to the following questions:
- Who is required to undergo a background check?
- How does someone obtain a criminal record clearance or background check?
- Are there any people with access to child care facilities who don’t need a criminal record clearance?
- What prior criminal violations permanently exclude a person from working at a child care facility as a staff member or volunteer?
- What prior criminal violations may qualify for an exemption and enable someone to be a staff member or volunteer in a child care facility?